Posting of employees to Norway – a company operating on the territory of the EU / EEA state may delegate employees to Norway in the case, when it wants to carry out an order for the Norwegian company. The described situation says about carrying out of work without permit for stay.
The employee who is to be delegated has to:
- be employed by the company from the EU / EEA state, which has concluded a contract with a Norwegian company for carrying out of a task in Norway. He / she may be also employed by a company from the EU / EEA state, which commences operations in Norway;
- occupy a permanent position in the company in the other EU / EEA state;
- legally stay in the EU / EEA state, in which the employer has got its seat;
- have a higher position or specialist knowledge, if the company, in which he / she intends to work, opens its seat in Norway.
If the employee wants to carry out work for the Norvegian company by posting of employees to Norway, he / she shall have the following documents:
- a contract between the employer abroad and the client in Norway, which includes the information about the time of the order lasting;
- employment agreement with the employer abroad;
- a permit for stay or a certificate of registration in the EU / EEA state, in which the employer has got its seat. The documentation has also to point out that the employee has got the right to return to the EU / EEA state, after his/ her stay in Norway;
- a copy of passport .
In the case, when the company, in which the entity performs work, will set up a company in Norway, the employee shall possess:
- the documentation concerning the manager’s position or specialist knowledge necessary to establish a company in Norway, for example a document of the professional experience or education or alternatively a letter from the company’s director;
- documentation that allows for stay or a certificate of registration in the EU / EEA state, in which the company has got its seat. The documents have to confirm the possibility of a return to the EU / EEA state, after staying in Norway;
- a copy of passport.
Main stages of the application filing:
- Printout of the check list and collection of the necessary documents.
- Entry of the application.
- Personal meeting in the embassy, in order to supply the application and documents.